* Please note the 3DPP Manual is Only Avaialable as a PDF-Download *
Life is both journey and struggle, blessing and conflict. To survive, to prosper, and to achieve in life requires us to develop strength. Strength is not simply brute force, however. It is efficacy, it is efficiency, and it is sophistication in the application of strength. It is toughness coupled with ability forged in fires of practice and competition.
The resulting metal bears a complex patina of sweat, blood, emotions, mental mantras, determination, fear, and the freedom from fear. Coach Sonnon’s work over the course of years culminates in performance enhancement: helping combat athletes, the citizens of the world on whose shoulders rest the burdens of today and tomorrow, realize their full potentials by moving past their inner and physical barriers. The fully realized combat athlete is both Zen warrior and philosopher king; he is the master of his fate and soul through mastery of his body. He is completely at ease within that body and he moves with a natural grace that is beyond conscious thought and intention.
This is our goal. To reach our goals, we must have both strategy and tactics. The strategy is found in the training model that is the Three Dimensional Performance Pyramid (3DPP). The tactics naturally flow from and are components of that model.
The ultimate level of combat performance is Flow State. The Three-Dimensional Performance Pyramid (3DPP) is your guide to working from a base level of ability to the peak of your potential. Coach Scott Sonnon addresses the specific needs of combat athletes, providing a roadmap to long-term development and personal freedom in training. Among many other topics, this manual covers:
- Development of the 3DPP: Performance Diagnostic Trinity and the Training Hierarchy Pyramid.
- General Physical Preparedness, Specific Physical Preparedness, and Incremental Progression.
- Flow State and the Hard Work – Soft Work Continuum; Static, Fluid and Dynamic Drills.
- The Three Approaches to Martial Arts and the Neuroendocrine Response.
- Stress Levels and the Nature of Expertise.
- Practice and Competitive Faces of the 3DPP.
- The Flow State Performance Spiral, the Awareness Dome and the Vortex.
Regardless of the martial art or combatives you practice, The Three Dimensional Performance Pyramid will help you attain higher levels of ability at an accelerated pace. Become able to apply your skills whenever you need them, even under high stress levels. This manual belongs in the library of any combat enthusiast, and is complemented by the 2-DVD Softwork set and Integrating Structure DVD. All three resources are provided in the complete Softwork Package.